Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Electronics Party

We love to party around here so when we finished our state assessments and did quite well, I decided it called for a party.  I was tired of all the same old parties we have had over the years...movies...games...extra recess etc.  I decided that since all these kids talk about are video games and music then we should celebrate that by having an electronics party.  I allowed the kids to bring any handheld games they had as well as games for those systems to school.  They could also bring i-pods, i-pads, cameras or Wii games (this was thanks to a parent that hooked up their Wii to a dinosaur of a TV we have in our hallway).  The only thing I wouldn't allow was a cell phone, I didn't want to mess with texting and they were completely fine with that.  I have a parent that works at a movie theatre and one that works for Hostess so we had popcorn and snack cakes to eat, played games, listened to music and according to the kids, it was the best party ever!  I will definitely be doing this again.  I must also add that I am the reigning Just Dance 2 champ in the classroom...just sayin...




No comments:

Post a Comment